Sunday, August 31, 2008

AAAARRGGGG. DAMN IT. a late post

august 30,2008

i woke up today unaware of where i was. due to habit, i checked my phone lazily.. saw that waiyan texted me, reminding me that i was replacing maam dianne because she begged for a double off. so instead of going to work at 8am, my shift will start at 10am. shit. i checked the clock. it mocked me by saying it was exactly 6am.again. SHIT.

i tried to go back to sleep. unsuccessful, i wandered around our house. growing tired of the view, seeing that everyone even the help was still asleep, i suddenly realized i'm supposed to finish twilight. so i got the copy from my room, brought it to my mom's bed and started reading.

by 8am,i was starting to feel sleepy again.but this time, i had to get ready because before going to work, my mom and i had to pick up my altered scrub suit from the tailor. by 9am, i was following my mom around, asking her to move in a glacial pace because it was almost 9:30 and i still had to leave for work.

again, i miscalculated the time. it took less than 5mins to travel to the tailor, get my scrubs and change into one. but, I HATE BEING LATE. so i decided to be early, since it was a saturday and staying in the pharmacy wouldn't be such a pain because there aren't a lot of patients during the weekends because most of the doctors were going to Subic.

i couldn't be more wrong in my life. i arrived at the pharmacy by quarter to 10. and started moving. akala ko tinamaan lang ako ng ka-oc-han ko. but NO. from the time i set foot on the pharmacy, hindi lang siya "bakit parang di ako nauubusan ng gagawin." more like "bakit parang dumadami ung dapat kong gawin"

for the first 3 hours, i enjoyed the thrill of having to deliver the meds in a continous pace.. by the time my superior left, 2 nalang kami... and i checked the pile of charge slips..grabe!

by 3pm, my back was killing me because kahong kahon at mga bote ng dextrose ang pinagbubuhat ko for almost 5 hours.then we started the unit dose and by 4pm, i literally wanted to give up and cry... throw a tantrum- but i couldn't. i'm not a kid anymore, we have to act maturely..by 5pm kala ko makakapagcharge na ako, pero baba pa din ng baba ng charge slips to dispense. the sir marcial (the hr head) passed by the pharmacy at gusto kong sabihin "i quit" and leave... kung di lang maiiwan si maam aimee magisa dun. pero kasi even if kept on asking, medyo alam ko naman that somehow, i'm helping... by 5:45, i was able to start charging the mountainSSSS of charge slips in front of us. di pa ako nangalahati sa isang floor, it was already 6pm.. so i bade goodbye to maam aimee and wished her luck. staring at those charge slips, i felt sorry for the next few shifts.. mukhang di mauubos sa 3 shifts ang charging ng mga un...

august 31,2008

sabi na, may mali ako kahapon eh =(

No comments: