Wednesday, February 11, 2009

what's wrong with what i said?

there's this company which is having a calling spree once again with our high school yearbook.

so they called me twice. both times i was sleeping and my mom and helper had to wake me up because they thought it was an important phone call... the second call was an hour ago with me voiceless, weak and really sick

the first call (male) was alright, but the second (female) was pretty interesting. the female caller said the exact same thing as the male caller with a twist:

(all of the lines in CAPS LOCK was the lines the female and male caller said)

caller: HI IS THIS KRIZIA LOUISE ORDONA

me: yes, who's this?

caller: YOU DON'T KNOW ME PERSONALLY BUT I UNDERSTAND YOU'RE AN ALUMNI OF ST SCHO MARIKINA?

me: yes, i am

caller: OK, THIS IS A BUSINESS CALL, IS THIS A GOOD TIME?

me (to the female caller): oh, someone already called me and I'm really not interested

female caller (trying to challenge me): what's the name of the company?

me: i can't remember

female caller (sounding irate): then how can you be sure?

me: you have the same script

female caller: whatever

*toot toot toot toot*

i told my mom the story, and she said "ikaw kasi masyado kang----" she stopped... and so now i'm wondering if I actually said something wrong.

to my defense, i have 2 points:
1. don't these companies have a checklist of whom they've already contacted? i mean come on, no means no.

2. what's so "business"-y with saying "whatever" and putting down the phone with a hint of a tantrum in it? I mean she was the one who said it was a business call, why did she seem irate/ offended that someone from their company had already contacted me? so much for professionalism

don't whatever me. that's my line. whatever.

so was it wrong to say that "they were scripted"? I don't have the best memory but I do remember the lines because both calls woke me from a good sleep. RAR. hahaha


No comments: