Monday, April 07, 2008

post no bill

post no bill.

it was the first day of may year 1994. it was definitely a hot summer day. i found myself staring at the picture of the gigantic turtle. "Terengganu" it said. "I've always wanted to go there," I wondered. We have always planned a trip to Terengganu but it never pushed through and we always ended up in Kuantan (Cherating). Then it was time for check-in.

5 hours later, we landed in the Philippines. I remember just staring blankly out the window of the orange tamarraw that picked us up from the airport. "Post no Bill" the walls said.

I never understood what post no bill meant at that time. I always thought the building with the sign offered the services of a post office but it didn't include the paying of bills.

I miss malaysia. Not only do i often tell my friends that, but i think this is my third post about it.

Passing through SCTEx yesterday made me miss malaysia even more. It reminded me of the way to Subang Airport. Then the seafood restaurant near the airport.

Then a rush of memories, that pink elephant in Hankyu Jaya, the walkalator in Yaohan, claypot noodles, Metrojaya, Midvalley, cheap books in Giant, big mac (McDo) in the Weld, the pizza hut near Standard Chartered with the office of American Express on top of it, Dr. Thomas...

And then, i wondered, "what would i have been if i were still there?"

No comments: