Saturday, April 26, 2008

the thing is...

the thing is...

this weekend was pretty interesting... i got to watch the episodes of 8 simple rules of dating my teenage daughter that was produced in the memory of john ritter who died in the middle of the series (when i say died, i mean died in real life not just kill the character)... it was a good show and continued to run without the character of paul henessey in it.

in the part 2 of goodbye, cate's father said:
we are always disappointed with the things we have because we live by the impression that life is supposed to be about what we deserve.

something like that i paraphrased, can't remember the real deal... but the same banana...

but yeah, he is correct... i lived by the idea that i deserved to be in med school and got disappointed because.... because you know why... of course the quote doesn't make it any easier to accept the fact that that plan, isn't going to happen... but.... but... i don't know.... for the first time in my life i do not know... for the first time, i don't have a plan... and that doesn't mean being sidetracked but it means... it means, i just don't have a damn plan....

+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

the thing is... there is a next quote which is:
"Okay, readers, today we're going to have a little pop quiz. It's multiple choice, so sharpen your #2 pencils and put on your thinking caps. Ready? Here's a quote. 'Dad, you're an idiot.' Now, contestants, this was said to me because of which of the following transgressions:
A. Coming to the breakfast table wearing pajamas and black socks;
B. Asking my oldest daughter if that guy I saw her talking to at school yesterday was her boyfriend;
C. Referring to rapper 50 Cent as 'Fifty Cents';
Or D. Entering the room?
Ok, pencils down. Actually, it was a trick question. The answer is all of the above. Now do you know how many times I called my father an idiot? Zero. Why? Because I feared him. Back then we didn't share our deep personal feelings. Our deepest conversations usually involved the tigers' bull pen. But my kids? I can't get them to shut up. There's not a feeling that my kids are afraid to express, over and over and over. And my wife reassures me this is a good thing, over and over and over. And she's always right. So do I wish that my kids feared me? Well, my house would be quieter and I'd spend a lot less time in the bathroom, but no. Because I know that whenever they insult me, whether it's a "You're an idiot," "What a geek," or an "I hate you," an "I love you" isn't far behind. And it's the knowledge that my kids love me that makes it safe for me to wear pajamas and black socks to the breakfast table."

that was... touching... really... if you watched the show and have watched it ever since, you can just feel the sadness.... i just felt like it was a good quote to add to this blog... especially since lately i have been having problems about----- i can't say what it is... but for the people who know, well, shhhhh...

+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

the thing is...

erase erase erase...

the good thing about having friends with relationships is you can't help but learn from them...

the good thing about having friends who are single is that they can give you their undivided attention when you feel like a total wreck

the thing about having friends with relationships is they are your friends and no matter how wrong their move was you can't help but prove/persuade them that they have done the right thing. it's check--- and mate....

the thing about having friends who are single is that they are idealistic yet honest and so no matter what mishap you have concurred to at the moment, they have the untainted version of what it is supposed to be...

i think..

so in general: hang in there, guys... look at the big picture and focus on the silver lining... hahaha and i guess all the "wise" and crappy words i want to say to you, i have already said to you personally...

--FIN--

No comments: