Sunday, January 04, 2009

dec 31, 2008- jan1, 2009: GO ON GIRL (the new year blog straight from the pharmacy)

It’s hard to believe that it has been months ago since I have been listening to Go On Girl (Ne-Yo) with Ken sharing the green earphones of my ipaQ while playing poker (or was it tong-its) with Miguel and Lynyrd. Yeah, it has been that long. Now, they’re on the road to prepping themselves to becoming doctors, while I have just recently chosen a totally different path. Things change, people change, and we just have to grow up and adapt.

It has been the quite eventful year. Graduating-becoming a registered pharmacist (technically not true)- my first minimum paying job. Not to mention having one of the most heart-wrenching holidays in so many years. Watching people die (technically not true too) on my watch, seeing the relatives try to get a grip of their emotions on Christmas day/new year’s eve (literally). But then again how many patients had left the walls of this hospital feeling better? And even if we don’t have direct interaction with them, I’d like to think that I have a part in making them better.

Broken’s now playing, and I’m checking for the pyrotechnique effects in the sky- or at least scanning for stars. Stars we can wish upon for a better us this coming year. Stars that can make us move on with our past lives, leaving them to be the better memories and start making new ones. Stars you can count your blessings as well as your tragedies. Stars you can count your friends and the people who have been not so kind to you too… but the sky is spotless.

Now, I’m stuck in this now familiar place listening to RX’s year-end countdown. I’d like to think that just like how that there will be a totally different countdown next year, we will have a new story to write. And to that- cheers!

No comments: