Sunday, January 25, 2009

oops.too bad..haha

so last Saturday i had my first and last 6am-2pm shift for the whole month of January... add the fact that it was my sister's birthday so I had to go to the mall to do some shopping! at last! but as i punched out, my throat was sore... again! i had to buy strepsils but since we didn't carry that product i decided to buy in the mercury beside the hospital.

I walk in to find myself interrupting a group conversation including the PAs and the pharmacists. they all look up and i wanted to feel embarrassed but the feeling was interrupted when the PA in front of me turned... he was asking me what i wanted but all i could think of was "ang gwapo naman nito"... he was soooooo goodlooking that i was ready to call him oliver even if it weren't his name (yes ikai and nikki, ganun siya kagwapo for me) and for people who actually know me, mahirap akong iplease pagdating sa ganun. so i sheepishly say,
"strepsils?"
"anong flavor?"
"uhhhmmm.."
"may mint, honey lemon--"
"mint."

then i scrammbled to get out of the place.

then yesterday, one of the humdrum-slash-i'm-so-tired moments dawned on me when a group of out-patients suddenly came. and there he suddenly was. i got the privilege to serve me. yes! then the tables were turned
"sir, may i help you?"
"..." (he just stared blankly)
"sir? magkasakasama ba kayo?" (pointing to the other opd's)
"..." (he negated with a nod)
"so?"
"maternity pads?"

I scrambled to make a charge slip then I shut up. my dutymate said:
"alamo ba, PA yun sa mercury"
"oo nga siya yung sobrang gwapo dun"
"oo nga, nakita mo na pala yun"
"kahapon lang, bumili kasi ako ng strepsils. pagtingin ko sabi ko ang gwapo naman nito"
then we started squealing like high school girls crushing on a heartrob.
"bakit kaya dito siya bumibili?"
"oo nga eh, andyan lang naman ang rob sa tabi natin"
"ano ba binili niya sayo?"
"maternity pads"
---stopped-----
me: "yuckkkkkk, may anak na siya!"
"malay mo pinabili lang sa kanya yun... tignan natin kung nakaconfine dito yung patient"

he came back to get the product and exchage charge slips with us. and my dutymate went out to check if he would ride the elevator. and he did!

me: "may anak na siya...huhu"
"hindi yan, malay mo pinabili lang sa kanya ng pamangkin niya"
"in denial?"
"hindi yannn, di siya yung may nanganak.."
"yeah right.. dapat pala tinanong natin yung mga NA kung may gwapong lalaki sa floor nila at kung me asawa nga siya... shit, dapat tinignan mo kung may ring!"

talk about being judgemental...hahaha.... it was fun while it lasted.

No comments: